10 Best Affordable Carpet Cleaning Methods
Cleaning your carpets can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be expensive. There are many different affordable carpet cleaning methods you can use to get your carpets looking their best. Here are ten of the best methods, ranked from cheapest to most expensive.
- Vacuum regularly. Regular vacuuming is one of the most effective, yet cheapest ways to clean your carpets. It removes dirt and debris that can build up over time and gives your carpets a cleaner look.
- Spot clean with club soda. If you have stubborn stains on your carpets, try using club soda to spot-clean them. Simply pour some onto the stain and blot it with a cloth or sponge until the stain is gone.
- Use a homemade carpet cleaner. A homemade carpet cleaner made from white vinegar and baking soda is a great way to remove dirt and odors from your carpets without spending a fortune on expensive carpet cleaners.
- Use a steam cleaner. Renting or buying a steam cleaner is another great, affordable way to clean your carpets. The heat from the steam loosens dirt and debris trapped in the carpet fibers, allowing you to easily vacuum it up.
- Hire a professional cleaner. Professional carpet cleaners often use powerful machines that can remove even the toughest dirt and stains from your carpets.
- Use a dry solvent cleaner. Dry solvent cleaners are great for removing tough stains from your carpets. This method is great for spot cleaning, but may not be as effective if you need to clean an entire carpet.
- Use baking soda and water. Baking soda and water can be used to clean your carpets in the same way as a homemade cleaner.
- Use a carpet shampooer. If you have an especially dirty or stained carpet, you can easily rent one from your local hardware store, and the process is fairly simple.
- Use carpet powder. Carpet powders are great for getting rid of odors in carpets. This method is great for deep cleaning carpets and freshening them up between regular cleanings.
- Use an enzymatic cleaner. Enzymatic cleaners are designed to break down tough stains and odors from your carpets. This method is great for removing stubborn pet stains from your carpets.